
Happy Fathers Day...
Being a son and a dad, many thoughts crosses my mind on the memories of my interactions with my father and the journey I am going through now as a dad.
I am wondering and it is a good thing to wonder.
What will make me a dad who inspires my children to grow being a good muslim and will contribute to the world. I can make a list of many things I can do and also a list of what I am doing now.
Then I received this letter from my daughter.
"Happy Father's Day. Thankful to know when the landscape is shinning, when the warm winds are blowing and nature is fair. Thankful to find that your smile is still glowing. Thankful to know that your music is there. Thankful to know when the night sky is gleaming and breezes are colder. But sweeten the air. Thankful to feel your strong hand on my shoulder. Thankful to know that you always will care. Thank you for being the best father ever!!! sorry if I have done wrong to you..."
All the formula and tools to be the best dad suddenly disappear from my mind.
What I realise is that being a "PRESENT" father when I am with her matters most. What I mean by being present is that when I am with her, I am physically, mentally and emotionally present 100%.
I notice the same thing when I am "PRESENT" playing with my 5 year old son. I can see his joy and felt that he is being totally fulfilled compared to the time when I "have" to play with him. The efforts were the same and the results are different.
Alhamdulillah. I pray to Allah to guide me to the straight path.
Happy Father's Day.Ciao
Izam
3 comments:
Dear Izam...InsyaAllah, when there's need, there's always a way...
I'm sure U are a great father and the "hero" of your kids & wife...
Happy Father's Day..
Dear Izam,
A really nice piece especially the letter from your daughter. Insyallah.... your son will one day say that he wants to grow up to be like you.
Happy Abah's day to you & all your readers
Great inspiration Izam. You are such a gift to the world and have made a difference in my life. I'm proud to be on this journey with you and for the gift of your friendship... These are indeed treasured moments. Happy Father's Day! Kudos to you :)
Post a Comment