
I saw a friend being interviewed on TV one morning and I got attracted to his tie. If you look at the TV screen at a glance, the first thing you will notice will be his tie. Then only you will see the beautiful host and of course him.
This made me thinking. Not about the tie but the way I carry myself on daily basis.
What do people notice?
I am sure they noticed my behaviour and the way I carry myself everyday. I am very certain that I will not be aware of my behaviour much unless it is something out of the ordinary.
My frame of mind at any moment will be manifested by my behaviour or my communication.
Only when I notice the disempowering frame of mind, I have a choice to change it to the empowering frame of mind so that I can take positive action to reach my goal.
If I do not notice, I can do nothing.
Even if I notice, I may not change. Like I said, I have a choice and not to forget there are also consequences.
Do I notice the folowings:
I feel too significant?
I am in doubt?
I am trying?
I am blaming?
I am reacting?
I am delaying? to name a few...
When I know the above, then I can work on the strategy to shift...
From significant to just saying to myself that life is a GAME, and not too serious about everything. I will learn to loosen up a bit.
From doubting my action to TRUST self in executing the action.
From trying to COMMIT to getting it done, no matter what may be the outcome.
From blaming to taking personal RESPONSIBILITY to achieve the intended result.
From reacting to being RESPONSIVE to the environment
From delaying to taking ACTION as it impacted the result if it is being implemented late.
I realise that I am blessed to have friends who keep on telling me the trust about the state I am in with compassion and support me in shifting my frame of mind from the disempowering to empowering.
However, I also noted that I am stubborn at times and delay taking the necessary action. :)
And I realise also that having a coach is an excelent way to quickly identify my frame of mind and move me to the empowering state.
How about you?
Do you swing from one frame of mind from one to the other?
Do you swing from one disempowering frame to another disempowering frame OR you swing from the disempowering to the empowering one?
Typically, a person shift from disempowering frame to empowering frame when he/she has a goal to achieve and has a compelling reason to achieve it.
Assess yourself.
What are your frequent thoughts/behaviours now about "you and work" and about "you and your family" especially your spouse, parents (in-law included) and children.
ciao
Izam
1 comment:
i just think this way...
why other perception about me is important? thinking about others perception is killing me, make me stress.
i need more intention from others so that i always create an excuse or create an issue so that others can pay attention to me.
reading ur post, make we wonder, do i need to change my colours?
what colours i am wearing rite now???
Post a Comment