Monday, October 26, 2009

Prosperity Consciousness - the art of creating wealth


I am wondering and it is a good thing to wonder.

Many times I pray to the Almighty to bless me with financial prosperity in this world and keep working hard for wealth.

In the process, I ponder:

1. my mindset relating to money.

a) what is my personal belief about money;
b) what is my limiting belief about money;
c) how is my relationship with money; and
d) how is money being used now.

I found this great book about how to increase wealth and it makes reference to Al Quran.

I want to share with you the relevant ayat from the Quran about wealth creation.

2. To understand WEALTH in general, the relevant surah are:

Surah al–Dhariyat 56 – 58
Surah TaHa 130 – 132
Surah al-Taubah 28
Surah Al-Imran 27
Surah Al-Shura 19
Surah Fatir 3
Surah Hud 6

The purpose of every creation is to worship Allah. One primary distraction of worshiping is seeking sustenance. Therefore Allah assures rizq. When we faithful and worship Allah, He will provide sustenance and wealth with ease and blessings.


a) the blessing of wealth

Surah Al-Baqarah 60
Surah al-Anfal 26
Surah Al-Baqarah 22
Surah Al-Baqarah 172
Surah Al-Isra’ 70
Surah Al-Nisa’ 5

It is not a sin to wish for more money as long as the intention is pure.

Prophet sabda “ there is no harm in richness, for he who has taqwa, but good health is better than being rich, for he who has taqwa.” Ibn Majah #2141

The purpose of money

Surah al-layl 17-18

Sirah Rasulullah - Money will never decrease because of charity

b) The trial of wealth

Surah al-taghabun 15
Surah al-anfal 28
Surah Al-Imran 14
Surah Al-Taubah 24
Surah Al-Humazah 1-3
Surah Al-Maryam 77
Surah Al-Mudhathir 11-15
Surah A-Masad 2
Surah al-taubah 55
Surah Al-Imran 178
Surah Al-fajr 15 -20


c) Halal & Haram Sustenance and the consequences

Surah Al-Rum 39
Surah Al-Nisa 160-161
Surah Al-Nisa 10

d) The true richness

Surah al-Kahf 46
Surah Saba 37
Surah Hadid 20

e) The wisdom of disparity

Surah al-Isra’ 30
Surah Al-Zukhruf 32
Surah Al-Nahl 71
Surah Al-Shura 27

3. The Ways to increase Wealth

a) The Taqwa of Allah

Surah al-talaq 2-3
Surah Al-A’raf 96
Surah Al-Maidah 66
Surah Albaqarah 268

b) Seeking Forgiveness and repentance

Surah Nuh 10-12
Surah Hud 52
Surah Hud 3

c) Putting one’s trust in Allah or strengthening one’s faith…

Surah Al-Furqan 58
Surah Al-Talaq 3
Surah Al-Taubah 28
Surah Al-taubah 59

d) Constantly worshiping Allah

e) Thanking Allah

Surah Ibrahim 7
Surah Al-Naml 19
Surah Al- Ahqaf 15

f) Frequently performing Hajj and Umrah

g) Establishing the ties of Kinship

h) Spending in the way of Allah

i) Emigrating for the sake of Allah

j) Marriage

Surah Al- Nur 32

k) Supporting students of Islamic Knowledge

l) Showing kindness to the Poor

m) Being honest in one’s dealings

n) Making hereafter One’s main concern

o) Striving to achieve the goal

Surah Al-Mulk 15
Surah Al-Muzzammil 20
Surah Al-Nahl 5-7
Surah Al-Isra ‘ 12
Surah Al- Qasas 73
Surah A- Rum 23
Surah Al-Nahl 14
Surah Al-Jathiyah 12
Surah Al-Quraish 1-4
Surh Al Baqarah 198
Surah Al-Ghafir 60
Surah Al-Nisa 32
Surah Al-Baqarah 126
Surah Ibrahim 37
Surah Al-Jumu’ah 10

Then I asked myself after reading the book:

Am I serious in wanting to create wealth?

When will I read the tafsir of the above ayat?

Would I seek guidance in interpreting the ayat?

Would would I do with what I know?

How different will I be before and after knowing what I know now?

What am I willing to give up?

What would I do on a consistent basis?

Do I really want to be wealthty?

Do I deserve to be wealthy?

What am I willing to do now?

With every gifts form Allah, comes along great responsibilities.

What are your thoughts?

Where are you now?

Ciao
Izam

4 comments:

Kembara Hati Sang Jejaka said...

Salam...buku apa hang baca Bro...mind to share?

nora said...

After reading your blog about "the art of creating wealth"..It reminds me the course tat I've attended few years ago "creating wealth' by Globe Success n I remember that we were in the same group at that time..

May be bagus jugak if i cud review "creating wealth" program in December ni...

Then, I teringat jugak seminar "Millionaire MindSet' yang I dah attend..

Now, I keep thinking whether I better join the seminar on "Success Permission" in december ...also about Money..and at the same time about health and relationship...

Thanks for sharing, izam.

JAMALIAH said...

I once attended the old Dr. Stephen Covey's seminar in Sunway Pyramid few years ago. What he shared (I felt) was very Islamic in the way he explained how he created wealth and distributed it (contributed it back to his family, community and to the universe) by enhancing, coaching and guiding others to use their own strength to create wealth for themselves and then spread the wealth again to others. If we are wealthy, it would be meaningless not be able to spread the wealth and leave it to benefit others before or after we die... So, we must not forget that with wealth that He granted, comes a great responsibility...

Tassel Daley said...

The art of creating wealth is an art in itself.