Saturday, March 14, 2009

The journey home...


I am wondering and it is a good thing to wonder.
Many people shared about creating the future, the future we are living into. A bit like the American Dream and the land of possibilities.
There are so many books written on becoming a better person and creating wealth. Even in the movies, we are exposed to many feel good movies so that we are creating the life we want to live.
I have been thinking...
What about the preparation for the life we will be going into - the hereafter? What kind of preparation required? When do we prepare? After the age of 55? When we retire? When all our children have completed the universities and married? Do we have the luxury of time? Will the current 'amalan' or deeds which I am doing enough?
These are the questions in my mind now in searching for 'Jalan Kembali' or the journey home. I am created by the Almighty and to Him I return.
Before going 'home', will I continue taking stocks? e.g. preparing me & my family with Ehsan, Iman and Islam, preparing the will, complete all agreement/promises and broken agreement/promises and say what needed to be said to the people around me. When is the right time? Now is. :)
And in the same breath, enjoying the life I am blessed with now.
What triggered these questions were a journal written by a guy who died of cancer at the age of 39 in 2005. He got to know about his terminal cancer 6 months earlier and he shared his preparation in facing death.
ciao
Izam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last sentence of your article moved me. Would you be so kind as to share with me what was written in the journal of the unfortunate guy. I would like very much to know how he faced and prepared himself as I might learn from it.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

The last sentence of your article moved me. Would you be so kind as to share what was written in the journal of the unfortunate guy. I would like very much to know how he faced and prepared himself as I might learn from it.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

The last sentence of your article moved me. Would you be so kind as to share with me on what was in the journal of this unfortunate guy. (if it is allowable) I would like very much to know how he went thru / face / prepare for the journey as I might learn from it.
Thank you

My Heart Speaks said...

hanah1967, send me your email address in the comment area & I will forward you his journal. I will not publish your email address here. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Izam. I will do so today.