
I used to think to have a balanced life is all about 50:50.
Is it really?
I believe the total is still 100%. However the portion of time may not be 50:50 all the time.
When I started work ages ago and when I started a new job, I spent long hours to be 'up to mark' and to familiarise with the job and the environment. The balancing may be 70% work and 30% on other stuff.
When the birth of a new child, for the first 2 months, 60% of the time at nite, I spend on the baby & the balance 40% on my beauty sleep. :)
Off course when I start someting new, I need to spend more time on it. This is not imbalance. We have 24 hours is a day. We cannot say that we account for 20 hours for doing something and the other 4 hours exist in a vacuum. This is imbalance. Does it really happen? No.
When I have a goal to achieve, I tend to focus more time and effort on it so that I would achieve the result resired.
Without this realisation, I may be looking for a balanced life which is never existed.
When I do what I like, I spent hours hours on it. Would I be resentful and say I am not balanced in my life?
Now, I prioritise stuff in my life. I do everything which I am of contribution to me and others around me.
You can argue that spending too much time on something and neglect other priorities may be called an inbalance life. That is a different conversation. It is a 'responsibility conversation' and not about 'balance'. There is a relation but lets not collapse it. Clarity is power. I will talk about this later.
ciao
izam
Is it really?
I believe the total is still 100%. However the portion of time may not be 50:50 all the time.
When I started work ages ago and when I started a new job, I spent long hours to be 'up to mark' and to familiarise with the job and the environment. The balancing may be 70% work and 30% on other stuff.
When the birth of a new child, for the first 2 months, 60% of the time at nite, I spend on the baby & the balance 40% on my beauty sleep. :)
Off course when I start someting new, I need to spend more time on it. This is not imbalance. We have 24 hours is a day. We cannot say that we account for 20 hours for doing something and the other 4 hours exist in a vacuum. This is imbalance. Does it really happen? No.
When I have a goal to achieve, I tend to focus more time and effort on it so that I would achieve the result resired.
Without this realisation, I may be looking for a balanced life which is never existed.
When I do what I like, I spent hours hours on it. Would I be resentful and say I am not balanced in my life?
Now, I prioritise stuff in my life. I do everything which I am of contribution to me and others around me.
You can argue that spending too much time on something and neglect other priorities may be called an inbalance life. That is a different conversation. It is a 'responsibility conversation' and not about 'balance'. There is a relation but lets not collapse it. Clarity is power. I will talk about this later.
ciao
izam
No comments:
Post a Comment