
We have our likes and dislikes based on our values and experiences.
This is not a right or wrong conversation. This is a conversation about someone’s behaviour which is not aligned with our values.
When we don’t like something about someone’s behaviour especially someone close to us, we complain about them either in our minds and journals or to close friends. It is ok if it is part of releasing tensions. But when it becomes a persistent complain, it is no longer a releasing session.
I behave like the above at times. I do not like my ‘way of being’ as it makes me feel unsettled inside. It may go away for a while when I release the tension by writing and talking about it. However, this quick fix is a short term solution. I still feel the same way.
Now I do it differently and feel great!
Every time I complain about others, I will continue to release through writing and talking about it to close friends to gain insight of my way of being. AND again like in my previous article, I will see where I was coming from in my interpretation and work out my issues first. AND… the best thing which I am doing now is I say my doa or prayers for the person so that whatever he/she is doing is for the good of everyone. AND I talk to the person involved my truth directly and work things out. The talking to the person involved is the biggest challenge for me. I state my case and speak my truth and not expect anything from the person.
This is not a right or wrong conversation. This is a conversation about someone’s behaviour which is not aligned with our values.
When we don’t like something about someone’s behaviour especially someone close to us, we complain about them either in our minds and journals or to close friends. It is ok if it is part of releasing tensions. But when it becomes a persistent complain, it is no longer a releasing session.
I behave like the above at times. I do not like my ‘way of being’ as it makes me feel unsettled inside. It may go away for a while when I release the tension by writing and talking about it. However, this quick fix is a short term solution. I still feel the same way.
Now I do it differently and feel great!
Every time I complain about others, I will continue to release through writing and talking about it to close friends to gain insight of my way of being. AND again like in my previous article, I will see where I was coming from in my interpretation and work out my issues first. AND… the best thing which I am doing now is I say my doa or prayers for the person so that whatever he/she is doing is for the good of everyone. AND I talk to the person involved my truth directly and work things out. The talking to the person involved is the biggest challenge for me. I state my case and speak my truth and not expect anything from the person.
Hey, who said it is easy.
It is all back to my intention. When I am clear of my intention which is not to serve my ego, I will do whatever it takes to make it work. AND.., how do I know whether it is not my ego talking. I will never know. :)
Because of that, in my daily prayers, I do reflection and contemplation and seek Allah’s guidance.
“Whether I choose or not choose is a choice”
Because of that, in my daily prayers, I do reflection and contemplation and seek Allah’s guidance.
“Whether I choose or not choose is a choice”
ciao
Izam
Izam
No comments:
Post a Comment