
Have you ever start something with a clear intention? How do you feel about it, in the end when it is done?
I have learned 'the power of intention' from many masters and after reading many books. There is something to it but I cannot understand the application of it until lately.
I was with a few people working on a project and I was angry and upset over many things which other members were doing. We were not achieving the results in the time allocated. I kept on complaining about others and not looking at me and how have I contributed to the matter. I asked myself why am I behaving this way. This behaviour made me tired and lost focus.
Then I realised that I was more interested in what others are doing and having them to do it right, the way I want them to do it rather than wanting all to win i.e. achieving the goal or intention.
When I renewed my commitment on the intention which is to deliver the result in the time allocated, somehow my energy shifted. I went from running a 'racket' (i.e. persistently complaining on the same thing without changing myself) to the state of 'doing what ever it takes' to get the desired outcome.
My view of the team suddenly changed. I saw that everyone was doing their best the way they know how. What we needed were frequent interactions or alignments so that we are on track and all issues are addressed early.
This is the beauty of 'intention'.
I make declarations of intentions in most of my tasks and responsibilities. I keep on revisiting my commitment to the intention so that I will be strong in going through any challenges, self doubt or 'ego play'.
These are some of my other intentions muscles which are being built:
1. In me doing my prayers, my intentions are to build my character and be closer to Allah. With this intentions, I will look forward to each prayer time.
2. In me spending 20 minutes every day teaching my 5 years old son to read and write, my intention is for him to have a bright future. I did not get distracted by his playfulness during the study session.
3. In me visiting my daughter at her school every weekend, my intentions are to bond with my daughter and provide her with emotional support.
4. In me building a halal & toyyib business, my intention is to nourish the future generation with good food.
What intentions do you have in your daily activities? Do you see the beauty in them?
When I have a clear intention, the actions seems to be effortless. I acknowledge that there are a lot of work and challenges yet fun.
ciao
izam
I have learned 'the power of intention' from many masters and after reading many books. There is something to it but I cannot understand the application of it until lately.
I was with a few people working on a project and I was angry and upset over many things which other members were doing. We were not achieving the results in the time allocated. I kept on complaining about others and not looking at me and how have I contributed to the matter. I asked myself why am I behaving this way. This behaviour made me tired and lost focus.
Then I realised that I was more interested in what others are doing and having them to do it right, the way I want them to do it rather than wanting all to win i.e. achieving the goal or intention.
When I renewed my commitment on the intention which is to deliver the result in the time allocated, somehow my energy shifted. I went from running a 'racket' (i.e. persistently complaining on the same thing without changing myself) to the state of 'doing what ever it takes' to get the desired outcome.
My view of the team suddenly changed. I saw that everyone was doing their best the way they know how. What we needed were frequent interactions or alignments so that we are on track and all issues are addressed early.
This is the beauty of 'intention'.
I make declarations of intentions in most of my tasks and responsibilities. I keep on revisiting my commitment to the intention so that I will be strong in going through any challenges, self doubt or 'ego play'.
These are some of my other intentions muscles which are being built:
1. In me doing my prayers, my intentions are to build my character and be closer to Allah. With this intentions, I will look forward to each prayer time.
2. In me spending 20 minutes every day teaching my 5 years old son to read and write, my intention is for him to have a bright future. I did not get distracted by his playfulness during the study session.
3. In me visiting my daughter at her school every weekend, my intentions are to bond with my daughter and provide her with emotional support.
4. In me building a halal & toyyib business, my intention is to nourish the future generation with good food.
What intentions do you have in your daily activities? Do you see the beauty in them?
When I have a clear intention, the actions seems to be effortless. I acknowledge that there are a lot of work and challenges yet fun.
ciao
izam
1 comment:
good writing izam,
when we write from the heart, it will goes to others heart as well...
may Allah bless your effort to share this knowledge with others-Amin
Post a Comment