Sunday, January 25, 2009

January almost over...11 months to go, is your eye still on your 2009 goal?


In late December 2008, everyone was busy thinking of what goal to set in 2009. Then came 1 January 2009... most people have their goals set for 2009.

I am like that too. I eagerly set my goals for 2009 before 1 Jan 2009. It took great effort to review my accomplishments and disappointments in 2008 and then set the goals for 2009. The challenging part is now getting into the momentum of execution to achieve the goals.

I am reminding myself to check and review my progress in January 2009 so that I am on track to achieve my goals in 2009.

Some are monthly activity goals and some are annual target goals. I will ensure that my monthly goal is completed and there are progresses in my annual goals and not to wait till it is too late to do anything to achieve the goals.

In reviewing the goals, I am also reflecting whether some of the goals are the goals which I really want or it is just good to have it written down. This is the toughest task as all looked nice to have and important.

I set 7 broad goals in 2009 with detailed deliverables and 3 of the broad goals are major focused goals.

I have not been to the gym this month. This goal of going to the gym twice weekly in January is not being achieved. Do I still want to go to the gym or I just want to focus in swimming 2 times weekly?

The rest are on track. I have to admit that I am dragging my feet in January 2009. Urgh... Come on Izam, you can do it!

What about you - are you on track?

ciao
Izam

4 comments:

nora said...

Thank you Izam for sharing! One of my goals to achieve this month also to go for exercises...emm... at least 3 times a week! Well...so far I am not on the right track...:-(..Only manage to do it 5 times this month (in January)..(not 3 times a week)...Keep it up Nora!!..you can do it! All the best to you too Izam!

Nora

RedAnna said...

salam,

i must say, m not d kind who gonna write down my future plan and goals. flying in my mind but doenst meant i have no determination to achive em. perhaps, most of us practicing the way i do, which i found out, not very much effective somehow. planning ahead might overview ourself what we want..thus making us realize that there are more that we need to do. may Allah give us the strenght and faith to be success, dunya and ukra..

diyanatahir said...

salam izam,

thank you so much for the very inspiring talk yesterday (women talk @ESQ)

how to email you?

and 1 more what are the song at the last part that you playing (the song about you r beautiful)

thanks again!

My Heart Speaks said...

Thank you.

We will communicate more in the email.

Please leave me your email address & we will establish our communication then.